Well good news or bad news first? I think it’s best to start with the bad news, then end on a happy note! So…bad news… my IT band, which I had pretty much forgotten about since I stopped running and started cross fitting months ago, decided to get mad at me again today. If you read my old blog, you will remember I have had major IT band problems for quite some time now, which caused me to give up long distance running. Once I started cross fit my IT band issues went away and I have been pain free for a few months.
Until today. I don’t know what I was thinking. Well, obviously I wasn’t thinking. Anyway, I was doing Curtis P’s with 95 lb (if you don’t know what that is, basically you do a clean, then do 2 lunges with the bar in a front rack position, then jerk the bar, this is one rep) because I was feeling strong and plus I wanted to work on my clean and jerks. Anyways, long story short, I found out my IT band REALLY doesn’t like it when I lunge with 95 lbs front racked… I ended up falling HARD on my butt in the middle of a lunge because my IT band freaked out and I had a really sharp unpleasant pain in the side of my leg 😦 So it looks like I will be taking a trip to the chiropractor to get adjusted as well as the massage therapist to get a deep tissue massage on my IT band…hopefully that will help!!
The good news? Since I couldn’t do pretty much anything involving bending my legs, I had a chance to work on my hang clean and press (I made it to 125# for the clean and press and 135# for just the clean) as well as my muscle ups! I am starting to consistently get these which is awesome because it’s my goal to get multiple muscle ups in a row by the end of October! So there’s the silver lining 🙂 Gotta stay positive!
So I didn’t get to make my stuffed pork chops last night because I ended up going to dinner with my mom and sister(which was a fun time AND I’m very proud of myself because I was able to stay totally paleo!) so that means I don’t have that recipe for you yet. BUT, I did make a REALLY good egg scramble this morning using whatever I had on hand, so I’ll go ahead and share that instead! Don’t worry, I’ll still share the stuffed pork chops recipe with you all later!
Kitchen Sink Egg Scramble
- 4 slices bacon(nitrate free)
- 1/2 cup chopped brocoli
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped peppers(I used a mix of red, yellow and orange mini peppers)
- 1/2 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cayenne
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Cook your bacon however you like, my favorite way is to cook a bunch ahead of time in the oven, 400 degrees for 15 minutes. That way I have some on hand for recipes throughout the week!
- Heat up your coconut oil in a skillet over medium low heat
- Add in your chopped vegetables and garlic and cook until soft, about 5 minutes
- Chop up your bacon and add that in as well
- Whisk your eggs, coconut milk and spices in a bowl
- Add in your eggs to your cooked vegetables and bacon. Use your spatula to continually scrape the eggs around to create a scrambled effect.
- Top eggs with the sliced avocado and enjoy!
*This made enough for about 2-3 servings for me, depending on how hungry I’m feeling! 🙂
*This would work well with any veggies you have on hand, and it’s fun to see what combinations you end up with!