YOU GUYS….You are not gonna believe this recipe. It’s crazy good. It’s seriously amazing. You are going to love me so much after you try it. I mean, more than you already did of course. It’s going to blow your mind, rock your world, make you dance around the kitchen (oh wait, that was me!) and be VERY happy to be a paleo-eater! Although, even if you don’t eat paleo, which is cool, you can still enjoy this recipe!
I was originally going to make “soy” glazed pork chops for dinner, but, that just sounded so….BORING. And unoriginal. And after getting my minor injury today, I needed some GOOD food, ya know? I needed something that was going to do more than just satisfy my hunger needs. I wanted to eat something that, when I took a bite, would make me smile, sigh, and feel content with the world. Because sometimes, you just need that. So I racked my brain for what I could make, and I thought about a dish I made back before I ate paleo. I tried to think of how I could make it paleo friendly, then I just started throwing ingredients together, and this little beauty was born!
Even if you are trying to eat wholesome, healthy foods, you should still be able to enjoy it. I think that food, while its primary purpose is to be fuel for our bodies, can still be something enjoyable and lovely, as long as it’s done right. This dish does all of those things.
Spinach and Tomato “Cream Cheese” Stuffed Pork Chops
Ingredients (For Cashew “cream cheese”):
- 1 and 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked in warm water for 30 minutes
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp tahini
- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, softened
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast(This is optional, but will give it a cheesier flavor)
- 1/4 tsp arrow-root powder(For thickening, can omit if you don’t have it)
- 1/4 cup water
- Soak raw cashews in warm water for 30 minutes, then drain and rinse. Add to food processor
- Add all other ingredients and blend for about 5 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula to incorporate all ingredients
- Refrigerate for up to a week(could possibly last longer, but I’ve never tested it), OR use immediately for the stuffed pork chops
Ingredients (For Spinach and Tomato “Cream Cheese” Stuffed Pork Chops):
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (The ones in extra virgin olive oil work best for this recipe)
- 1 9-10 oz box frozen spinach, thawed and water removed(squeeze in a towel)
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup cashew “cream cheese”
- 3-4 center cut butterfly boneless pork chops
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add garlic and cook for 30 sec to 1 minute, just until fragrant
- Add in spinach and sun-dried tomatoes and cook until well combined, about 2 minutes
- Pour the mixture into a medium-sized bowl and add the cashew “cream cheese”. Mix all ingredients together.
- Lightly salt and pepper both sides of the pork, then add 1/4 the spinach and sun-dried tomato “cream cheese” mixture to one side of each pork chop. Fold the other side of the pork chop over the stuffing.
- Add another tbsp coconut oil to the skillet over medium heat and place the pork chops in the skillet.
- Cook about 4 minutes per side, until both sides are golden brown
- Add 1/2 cup chicken broth to the skillet, turn the heat down to medium-low, cover the skillet with a lid and continue to cook the pork chops until the internal temperature reaches between 150-120 degrees F, or about 5-10 minutes depending on the thickness of your pork. I used my cooking thermometer to check that my pork was fully cooked, but you could also cut into it and make sure it’s no longer pink in the center.
- Serve alongside your favorite veggie, or eat alone!
- After you pick yourself up off the floor from excitement, tell me how much you liked it!