Where to even start?! Today was SUCH an awesome day!! We celebrated our grand re-opening at our new gym and also did our Barbells for Boobs Fundraiser to support breast cancer! I did Grace for the first time and it was awesome! I went Rx(95 lb) and did the 30 Clean and Jerks in 3 minutes and 25 seconds. I decided that wasn’t too bad for my first time.
I cannot say enough about how amazing the people at my gym are. The owners are such awesome examples and a huge inspiration to all of us. And EVERY single person at that gym is BOMB. 🙂 I just love them to pieces!
Sorry to get all emotional on you guys….so anyway, we also had a PALEO bake sale today at our grand re-opening and it was amazing! I couldn’t believe all the crazy awesome baked goods people brought! It’s so fun to see all the different things people make and getting to share our paleo love with others is even better!
I made quite a few things for the bake sale myself, and I will probably share those recipes with you! However, the recipe I really want to share with you today is one I made on a whim after I got home (because apparently I hadn’t already done enough baking? Plus I didn’t actually eat ANY of the baked goods today and realized that was ridiculous and I needed something a little sweet to end my day!) Anyway, it came out A-MAZING, so being the selfless girl I am……
Double Chocolate Paleo Cake Truffles
Ingredients for the Chocolate Cake:
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips or shavings *Can be replaced with enjoy life chocolate chips if desired
Ingredients for the Chocolate Ganache:
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 2 tablespoons chilled coconut milk
Ingredients for Chocolate Coating:
- *1 cup dark chocolate (I used 100% mixed with some 85%, but you could adjust this depending on how sweet you want it) *Can be replaced with enjoy life chocolate chips if desired
- 1-2 teaspoons coconut butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the dry ingredients and wet ingredients in two separate bowls.
- Using a mixer, mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. The batter will become very thick.
- Press the batter into a greased 8X8 baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until the cake is slightly springy.
- Let the cake cool and then crumble into pieces and mix together with the chocolate ganache.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, coca, and honey.
- Using a whisk, mix the ingredients well until there are no lumps.
- Add in the coconut milk and beat until the ganache is thick and smooth.
- Add in your chocolate chips, then combine the cake crumbles and the ganache.
Assembling the Truffles:
- Use a small scoop or spoon and form the dough into 1-1 1/2 inch balls
- Set the balls on a piece of parchment paper on top of a cookie sheet and place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to firm up.
- While the cake balls are chilling, prepare your dipping sauce by melting your chocolate either in a double boiler or in the microwave on a lower (60%) power setting for about 3 minutes. Mix in your coconut butter until melted and combined.
- Once the cake balls are firm, dip the tops and sides in the chocolate, and place back on the parchment paper.
- Place the dipped cake balls back in the freezer for about 10 minutes, then take out and enjoy!
- Store leftover truffles in an air tight container at room temperature or in the fridge for a chilled treat!