Well, all I can say is I’m really really REALLY glad it’s Friday. Why you ask? Because that means it’s my rest day!!! Yeah…it’s been a tough week! Don’t get me wrong, I’ve loved every minute of getting my butt kicked and it’s been a great week for me as far as weights are concerned (I’ve already increased all my lifts just from working with the awesome Paige!). But I can’t lie to you friends, I am EXHAUSTED!
In other news…in case you are oblivious like me, I have a nice little lesson learned for you. ALWAYS wear knee socks when doing rope climbs. That’s probably a no brainer to most of you, but it wasn’t for me…and now I’m walking around with this beauty:
Yeah, that’s not marker or something,even though it looks fake. Unfortunately, that is rope burn ladies and gents, and it is NO JOKE! And it hurts REAL bad…So moral of the story here, sock up before you climb up!! Oh and in case you were wondering, I am indeed awful at rope climbs, although I didn’t know it until I had to do a million of them the other day. But I guess that’s just one more thing to add to my need to work on list. That thing is getting long….
So what am I going to do with my rest day you ask? Well shopping of course! My mom and I are heading up to the chicago area to shop at some awesome places like LULULEMON(my favorite workout clothes, obviously) and IKEA. So it should be a fun time!
On the food front, I made another delicious dinner last night, once again courtesy of the lovely Juli at PaleOMG. If you haven’t figured it out by now, I REALLY love her blog and food….Anyway, this one definitely hit the spot and even my super picky husband approved!!! However, I am going to warn you now so you don’t flip a lid, this dish is NOT paleo…I mean it can be, there are easy modifications which I will give you so that you can make it Paleo, but the way I did it, well it wasn’t 100% Paleo friendly, and that’s okay for us because it was delicious and made our tummies happy!
Spicy chicken enchilada Lasagna (Adapted from PaleOMG)
2-3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
2 cans(10 oz each) Diced Tomatoes with green chiles
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp cayenne pepper
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/2 yellow onion, diced
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 jalapeño, diced
2 cans enchilada sauce(we like medium heat) 28 oz total
1 head of romaine lettuce, shredded
1 bag shredded kerrygold cheese (Can omit to make paleo friendly)
1 package gluten free lasagna strips (Can substitute for sweet potatoes or zucchini to make paleo friendly)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- While oven is preheating, put a skillet over medium heat and throw in your shredded chicken and cans of diced tomatoes. Let mixture simmer over medium heat for a few minutes until heated and combined. Set aside.
- While chicken mixture is simmering, heat another skillet to medium and add your chopped onions, jalapeno and garlic to 1 tbsp oil and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add in cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, and enchilada sauce. Let mixture simmer for 5 minutes.
- Now assemble the lasagna using a large glass baking dish.
- Pour a little enchilada sauce on the bottom of the pan, then place a layer of lasagna noodles down(you may have to break the noodles in half) followed by a layer of the chicken mixture, then more enchilada sauce, shredded lettuce and finally cheese.
- Repeat this process for a second layer, then top the lasagna off with a final layer of noodles, sauce and cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes depending on “noodles” being used. If your noodles are pre-cooked this won’t take as long. Also if you are using sweet potatoes or zucchini the cooking time will be closer to the 30 minutes mark. If you are using no-boil gluten free noodles, the cooking time will be longer!
- Once lasagna is cooked, remove from oven, cut into squares and serve!